Our company employs a variety of different production techniques depending on the severity of expected conditions the cover is to endure, but also on individual wishes of our customers. Officially approved technical fabrics (0,5mm - 1,5mm thick) as well as waterproof cowhides (1 - 1,5mm thick) are used in the production of round folding covers.
Dimensioning round folding covers.
One should provide:
- the way the cover is supposed to be mounted
from both ends (a,b,c,d)
- necessary dimensions:
- Lmax - maximum length when stretched (measured from the processing machine)
- Lmin - minimum length when compressed (measured from the processing machine)
- Øwew - inside diameter of the cover
- Øzew - outside diameter of the cover
- Ø1, Ø2 - diameter "under" the band clip on both sides
- L1, L2 - length of the cylindrical end part under the band clip on both sides
- Øw - outside diameter of the shaft, screw, or piston protected by the cover
- Øp - inside diameter of guide rings (if present)
- the mode of operation of the cover (horizontal or vertical)
Figure "e" pertains to a round cover with guide rings running on the outer surface of the thread.
When designing round covers, it is advised to:
amounts to about 20mm.